What can we help you with today?

Log in and chat with a service agent now! Check out our help button in the bottom right corner!

Jumper / Dip switch on a Block component.

Comments

4 comments

Paul Guillaume

Maybe this can give you an idea. (Years ago) I added an LED and an address switch to my database so they can be put (and moved around) on a block (away from the block edge):

I defined these components as 1 pin block connectors in the database with symbols defined as this:

The origin is offset so the symbol appears away from the block edge.

You could define a multi-pin connector in which each pin would represent 1 switch of the DIP switch. That would enable you to split up the DIP switch over multiple blocks.

Hope this helps

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Kachor

Interesting idea, will probably help with some other things I have been trying with views and other information

Seems like that just leaves me to use graphics to draw in the DIP or jumper after placing it?

Or Would I draw two sets, one in on position, and one in off position and have both connectors in the part?

Michael Kachor

Hmm, I guess I could use symbol characteristics to have the two different versions to switch between.  Just the clarity to other designers of choosing between characteristic to set the dip isn't very intuitive.

Paul Guillaume

If you define 2 symbols with the same name but with a different "characteristic" (see example below), you can put the symbol on a block and if you need to change the default state of the switch, just change the characteristic.

In the database editor:

In a project it looks like this:

Please sign in to leave a comment.