In footprint editor, top and bottom pads show up on the same layer while in 3D mode

I have an edge connector (MOLEX P/N: 73521-115) that have contact pads on top and bottom but while in 3D view, top and bottom pads show up on the same layer. For example; while in 3D view, if I toggle between "Top" and "Bottom" in "Layer View" the pads appear to be on the same layer. So I can't see how the bottom pins of the connector will make contact to the bottom side pads.

1) Is there a way to have top and bottom pads show up on their own layer while in 3D view?

2) Can you define board thickness in footprint editor which will assist in viewing this type of connector?

Comments

1 comment
  • Hello Kekoa,

Sorry for late reply to your questions.

1) Sorry to say but we don't have capable to show top and bottom pads show up on their own layer while in 3D view.

2) In Footprint Editor, there is no layer stuck up setup anywhere which means we don't have setup for any of layer thickness in Footprint Editor.  In the Footprint we only set layer type for each layer and not how each layers stuck up.

Regards,

Taka

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Didn't find what you were looking for?

New post