What can we help you with today?

Chat with a service agent now! Check out our help button in the bottom right corner!

How to Manage NoDBE in E3-2017

Comments

6 comments

Paul Bloom

I don't think you can permanently disable it through the registry.  I suppose you could force a workspace configuration on your users which removes the option to start the DBE.

Can't you just manage the write permissions on your library?  That's what I do.

Comment actions Permalink
    Khang Nguyen (Zuken)

Hi Mohamed,

You can add /nodbe to the E3 shortcut target and this will hide the Tools>Start Database Editor.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Zuken\E3.series_201X\E3.series.exe" /cable /nodbe

Likewise, as Paul Bloom mentioned, you should set read-only permissions to the library for your users.

Mohamed Asharf Ali

@Paul-my intention is to block the user to start DBE mode only(from the tools me nu as wellas from the right click on the db)
    @Khang Nguyen- nodbe on short cut is one of the option,but in our case we need to deploy this setting to more than 100 users at a time and infuture it is 450+, and for me it is easy that if an registry entry or any script do the task then for me it is easy to manage.

Khang Nguyen (Zuken)

For mass deployment, you can consider writing a batch script to push the shortcut to:

Start Menu:

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Zuken\E3.series 201X\"

Desktop:

C:\Users\Public\Desktop

Paul Bloom

A "smart" user can always modify a shortcut.  If you do it with permissions, it doesn't even matter if they can start DBE; they couldn't do anything if they did.

Sanu Warrier

I would agree with the suggestion from Paul - the best method is to make the database read only

Please sign in to leave a comment.