What can we help you with today?

Chat with a service agent now! Check out our help button in the bottom right corner!

Where are my symbols?

Comments

7 comments

bob larranaga

Why do you need to iterate through the symbols?

I'm not sure this will help but there is a method that belongs to the Job interface called GetOutdatedSymbolTypeIds(). I haven't tried this. I assume that it will return a list of IDs of symbols that require updating.

Comment actions Permalink
    Michele Mura

Hi Bob!

Thanks for the hint.

The objective is to "clean" the project and remove those symbols that are not in the database and I cannot update.

Using objPrj.GetSymbolTypeIds() I managed to find all symbols I was looking for but I do not know how to handle them. Is there any window where I can interact with all these symbols? (those returned by .GetSymbolTypeIds)

Best regards
    mm

Michele Mura

Another information..

If I call GetItemType() on those "object" I get this result:

Symbol Type (template of a placed symbol) (5)

Note: 5 is the value returned by the above function.

Where can I find those symbols?

Thanks again

bob larranaga

So these symbols that cannot be updated are not placed? If that is the case, then why not perform a purge.

Right-click on the top node of the device tree, there is a context menu for Purge Unused Objects. When the Purge dialog opens, be sure to select Unused Symbol Types.

Michele Mura

Yes, a very good idea but we already tried it.

The procedure deletes some of them and when I run again my script, they do not appear any more.

Unfortunately, some of them are still there (even if I try to purge again)...

I really do not know..

That's very strange I cannot reach those symbols.. maybe with a standard menu (a window with a table, a grid...)

Thanks again for your advices.

bob larranaga

Try exporting the drawing as a part file (*.e3p).
    Create a new E3 drawing (*.e3s).
    Import the *.e3p file.

Does that purge out the symbols?

Michele Mura

I tried twice but my 32 bit version was not able to export the project and the app became frozen. When I will find time, I will try again on a 64bit version (another PC).

For now thanks again for your support and time.

Best regards

mm

Please sign in to leave a comment.